THE MISSION

Welcome Mothers, Fathers, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends and anyone else who needs an ear...Please come with an open heart.

This is a place for anyone who has felt the loss of a child. Treat this as a communication haven regardless of how or when you felt your loss. My definition of loss: miscarriage at any stage, still birth regardless of week gestation, infant death at any month, and loss of a child even if your child was all grown up. For me they all hold the same root of devestation. None are more profound or more "easily" dealt with than another.

Please cry if you need to.
Please connect with others who are in your same space.
Please email me if you feel led to
Please comment so we know what you need
Please tell your story

Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm Easy!

(shh...I have a secret to tell you) - I'M A TAGGING VIRGIN NO MORE!

Thanks to Mrs. Woogie, I have hurdled over another first of blogville. (and I'm ashmed to admit I was easy with the task - he he)

Ok - Done with the silly insinuations (I am a bit of a prude in real life - so that was fun!) Seriously, I am so glad that my story is reaching out to others and giving them some hope. This world is the most effective healing tool I've EVER been part of. God Bless each and every one of you!!

So...(ta-da-da-da) - The TAG:

1. Do you have the same friends since childhood?

I guess that depends of the definition of childhood, but I will say No. My closest friends and I began our relationships in high school or College. But, even those friendships took on a different form after our loss. My most intimate connections now (um...the deep talking and understanding kind - remember I'm a prude!) are with other women who have lived loss.

2. What do you value most about your friends?

Their ability to accept and keep up with the swinging door that constantly rotates around my grief. They smile and nod at my boarderline behavior one day and my solid, firm focus the next. (astounding really)

3. Are your friends sounding boards? Without a doubt.

4. What is your favorite activity to share with friends? I love to sit around a BIG table and carry one endless conversation while scrapbooking. We will be doing exactly that, tonight!

Hmmm....now who to tag? I know this is a sticky blog world topic, akin to snail main chain letters and such, so here is my strategy: I pick my followers (all four of them since Mrs. Woogie started this!). If you want to lessen the odds that you are picked for something like this again...then lets start building that follower list, huh?

I'm tagging... I'll Fly Away, Michelle, LisaDG, and (damn-the other sweet person is anonomous...arbitrarily picking a recent post by someone I follow...) CLC.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for sharing Cara. Hehehe, I've avoided being on follower lists by just adding people to my blogroll.

Michelle said...

Awww aren't you sweet ( I say rolling my eyes). LOL I guess we will both not be virgins anymore.

Lost Found Connections Abound! It Works - So Let's Use It!

Submit My News Click here to submit my news to the LFCA

CATCH UP FROM THE START!

TO READ MY STORY FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE THEN READ THE 7 COUNTDOWN POSTS TO EMMA'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!


Time Is Both My Best Ally and My Worst Enemy: My Meltdown 8 Years Later